School of PvP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School of PvP

A secluded forum where members may exchange contact information, event schedules, PvP Tactics and anything else pertinent to PvP.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leather Armor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Diggan
PvP Instructor

Leather Armor Empty
PostSubject: Leather Armor   Leather Armor I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:19 pm

In the interest of becoming a better MOD for the Ranger Folder, I'll throw out a question about leather armor.

For PvP, at what ranks in leathers should you be wearing different leather set-ups? I've got around 350 ranks in leather. My current set-up is:

some perfect firecat-skin leathers
a crocodile-skin buckler
a perfect blue-scale cowl
some perfect blue-scale gloves

and I am currently:

But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently insignificantly hindered and your stealth is lightly hindered.

I have around 450 in stealth, and rely on it heavily.

Am I in the right set-up???
Back to top Go down
Vinjince
PvP Instructor

Leather Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Armor   Leather Armor I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Not sure what you mean by different leather setups, but as long as your stealth hindrance and regular hindrance is as low as possible and you cover as many/all parts of your body, you're good.

The stuff you're wearing looks pretty good though. I do think people tend to underestimate just how much a leather-only wearer benefits their defenses vs something like heavy plate. Rangers are best off with leathers anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pariah
PvP Instructor

Leather Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Armor   Leather Armor I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:56 pm

It all comes down to minimizing stealth hindrance. In 3.0, I expect that will still probably stay the same. The best defense will always be not being seen.

Currently, I go minimalist for armor on PVP. Tanned leather coat only, with no head gear, hand gear or leg gear, and as low a hindrance small shield as I can find that still caps armworn protection. The shield goes if I'm on the attack and using a bow. The coat is basically to keep the chest shots from critting. MAF would help that as well. The goal is to survive the one big hit and get out or finish the fight really fast.

I may change to using armor on all areas in 3.0, but the goal is still going to be the same. Minimize hindrance with survival primes while preventing the one shot.

Last edited by Pariah on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diggan
PvP Instructor

Leather Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Armor   Leather Armor I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:16 pm

I meant should I be wearing storm bulls or some other "kind" of leathers.
Back to top Go down
Leilond
PvP Instructor
Leilond

Leather Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Armor   Leather Armor I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:54 am

Eh, if PvP is your concern just use invisibility and it won't really matter. Heck you could even use plate on your torso if you really wanted. With invisibility you get to run around while negating any skill checks of actually being spotted, and in the case that you DO get spotted just run away like crazy and their spot effect will be up in less than 10 seconds according to my old bouts with Nilassa.

tl;dr, wear the best protecting leathers you can IMO, and staying at or under lightly hindered in stealth probably wouldn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
https://drzeal.forumotion.com
Diggan
PvP Instructor

Leather Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Armor   Leather Armor I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:00 am

If I want to go the stealth route, I just don't wear armor and really avoid being seen.

I'm curious, when it comes time to party - What leathers should I be wearing? I don't even know all the kinds...

1) Azure
2) Firecats
3) Stormbulls

I'm guessing I should just jump up to stormbulls.

Now I have to find someone to test beseech to petrify.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leather Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leather Armor   Leather Armor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leather Armor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
School of PvP :: General :: General PvP Help/Discussion-
Jump to: