School of PvP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School of PvP

A secluded forum where members may exchange contact information, event schedules, PvP Tactics and anything else pertinent to PvP.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PvP suitable spells

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelyan

PvP suitable spells Empty
PostSubject: PvP suitable spells   PvP suitable spells I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Mord just looking for your thoughts on some of our other spells for PvP use, specifically I'm wondering about Rimefang, Mark of Arhat and Ring of Spears. More brain-picking to follow.
Back to top Go down
Mordimer
PvP Instructor

PvP suitable spells Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP suitable spells   PvP suitable spells I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:20 pm

Kelyan wrote:
Mord just looking for your thoughts on some of our other spells for PvP use, specifically I'm wondering about Rimefang, Mark of Arhat and Ring of Spears. More brain-picking to follow.

I like all 3 spells, but have not found too much use out of them in pvp situations although the potential is there.

You have to be careful with Rimefang and Ring of Spears when fighting clerics, about a year ago they made some changes to HULP and if you do get HULPED while you have those spells up you get stuck in RT every time they are triggered so it can be a pretty nasty situation.

Other than that, i don't see a situation where having either spell up can hurt you and i have had some success when getting a target to melee with Static Discharge followed up by a targetted spell, melee attack and what you get out of rimefang. If you can land all of those they don't stand a chance, but it's hard to count on that as your way to victory since most pvp is not done at melee.

I would use Mark of Arhat more if it stayed on your target when they move multiple rooms away, and if you could damage them like that. As of now, it's just a fun spell and if you get a kill with it its definitely worth some major style points.
Back to top Go down

PvP suitable spells
Page 1 of 1