School of PvP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School of PvP

A secluded forum where members may exchange contact information, event schedules, PvP Tactics and anything else pertinent to PvP.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Barbarians

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zai

Zai

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:34 am

So in a formal setting where you spar as a challenge and there are no moons up for contingency... if I challenge first they accept and Wail immediately and I die. Is there anything besides me accepting the challenge or contingency that will save me? I fear I know the answer already...
Back to top Go down
Mordimer
PvP Instructor

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:01 pm

Pre prep your spell. If they bitch about it oh well, they get to roar immediately why shouldn't you get to cast immediately?
Back to top Go down
Fyrn
PvP Instructor
Fyrn

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:55 pm

MMs are disadvantaged in duels especially against survival primaries and barbarians, so you'll need to be clever (and a bit sneaky) to even the odds.

Since you're already being gimped by the nature of duels, try to set it up so there are lots of 'spectators' around. This will decrease the effectiveness of his roars on everyone. You can also be super sneaky and try to hold hands with him right away which will force him to quickly try to kick you from his group before roaring since his group is unaffected. If he's set to avoid joining, then just hold hands with a spectator. Being grouped will up your roar defense quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Pariah
PvP Instructor

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Not a MM and I don't want to get out of my lane, but you could consider just leaving the room while you setup and RF back in.
Back to top Go down
Zai

Zai

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:29 pm

Mord - Pre-prep is no problem, it's that if I Challenge Barb, they Challenge Atazai Accept/Roar Wail. At macro speed. Was hoping there was some MM hack that works some sort of even minor miracle against roars that my stats/circle doesn't seem to hinder.

Fyrn - In the particular instance the crowd is watching via SHM and we're alone one v one (North Watch Spars). Feel like only the obvious 'never challenge first' is the only option. Was hoping there would be something else I could do.

Pariah - Yeah, as above it's the challenge aspect. Free for all no challenge I'm fine and I sneak and cheat like breathing.

Maybe it's just these are the breaks. I pre-prep shadow web usually, since some barbs I fight do zerk and dazzle won't hold. The web does have the 2 seconds before first pulse, but even if they get the wail off in that window the web hits immediately after and holds them longer than the wail holds me. I imagine up towards Dillo hunters this won't be feasible with the obligitory escaping everyone in dillos has.

I did forget about the hand holding. That may work. Thanks peoples.
Back to top Go down
Fyrn
PvP Instructor
Fyrn

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:56 pm

If you can move around, challenge and leave the room. IIRC you don't have to be in the same room to accept. Use dazzle to bait them into berserking, MB + Berserk = Win button
Back to top Go down
Zai

Zai

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:47 pm

I was not aware of this. Thank you. You have given me hope!
Back to top Go down
Fyrn
PvP Instructor
Fyrn

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:07 pm

hey, hope that worked, post the log of you owning said barbarian. I'd love to see the results (either way)
Back to top Go down
Asrion
PvP Instructor

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:03 pm

Assuming disc helps roar resist, throw up x+y IOE. Maybe charisma, so x+k. whatever
Get a roar resist cloak
Hide to lower the strength of the roar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barbarians
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
School of PvP :: Moon Mage :: Ask a PvP Instructor-
Jump to: