School of PvP

A secluded forum where members may exchange contact information, event schedules, PvP Tactics and anything else pertinent to PvP.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What stats to focus on?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kamaela

PostSubject: What stats to focus on?   Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:00 pm

As a Moon Mage who would like to become more active in PvP stuff, what stats are recommended to focus on? More specifically, I guess I want to know what would make my disablers (Dazzle, Mental Blast) more effective? I'm at the point now where I've gotten everything to a base amount, and I'm trying to figure out, long-term, if there's one or two that I should focus in particularly, or whether a generally-train-everything type of situation is best.

Code:

Strength : 30              Reflex : 30 
      Agility : 30            Charisma : 30 
  Discipline : 40              Wisdom : 40 
 Intelligence : 40            Stamina : 30 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fyrn
PvP Instructor

PostSubject: Re: What stats to focus on?   Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Kamaela wrote:
As a Moon Mage who would like to become more active in PvP stuff, what stats are recommended to focus on? More specifically, I guess I want to know what would make my disablers (Dazzle, Mental Blast) more effective? I'm at the point now where I've gotten everything to a base amount, and I'm trying to figure out, long-term, if there's one or two that I should focus in particularly, or whether a generally-train-everything type of situation is best.

Code:

Strength : 30              Reflex : 30 
      Agility : 30            Charisma : 30 
  Discipline : 40              Wisdom : 40 
 Intelligence : 40            Stamina : 30 

Firstly, sorry it's taken me so long to reply.

All of our greatest disablers are Spell v Agility. Dazzle is our most potent disabler) and I've forgone MB almost entirely due to it's large weakness. MB is a very flawed disabler since Shear is a staple for PvP rendering MB pointless. I only use MB on barbarians and you'll pretty much have better mentals than barbarians in a similar combat range without trying.

While I don't know your character's race (which only matters a little bit), agility and reflex are the way to go. The added bonus is that agility helps your spells be more accurate and do more damage, and reflex helps you survive an attack long enough to run away and regroup.

I would raise agility and reflex to 40, then bring agility, reflex, and discipline up to 50. Your character's at a great spot for a baseline and you're diversifying at the right moment

Edit: Another great reason to shun MB is Terizah's Veil. TV is a potent (around 10 stat points each) debilitater for your opponents Agi/Ref making SvAs that much more OP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zai

PostSubject: Re: What stats to focus on?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:27 am

Agreed. Agility has worked very well for me. If you train a physical ranged weapon (doesn't everyone?) you'll see a good improvement with that too. Unless you're crazy like Fyrn and try to keep your lx near TM (do you still maintain that?) it will help to keep it trainable as your TM outpaces physical combats.

Strength : 36 Reflex : 54
Agility : 60 Charisma : 38
Discipline : 56 Wisdom : 48
Intelligence : 46 Stamina : 40

Killing at level opponents with weapons is always very satisfying, I will add.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asrion
PvP Instructor

PostSubject: Re: What stats to focus on?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:11 pm

I'd agree that agility is important... reflex is also a key part of offensive SvA contests. What race are you? Don't ignore stat training advantages.

Disc is a pretty beastly stat for moonmages. It helps hiding, TM, and both offensive and defensive spell contests.

oldLatathi reported charisma was really helping him overcome BMR. I'd stay away from cranking charisma too hard until you are good on stats that fulfill multiple roles, though (i.e., agility = TM, spell contest, weapon use).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What stats to focus on?   

Back to top Go down

What stats to focus on?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1